At First Tee – Lake County, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
LPGA*USGA Girls Golf
We believe girls can do anything they set their minds to, which is why we can teach them more than just the game of golf, we inspire them for the game of life too. The “Five E’s” support our mission and give Girls Golf programs the opportunity to focus on teaching vital life skills that are specific to development for participants like developing confidence, finding their own voice, identifying their talents, and inspiring them to live active and healthy lifestyles. For more information on our girls golf initiative please click read more.
First The – Lake County promote program and its benefits to other youth within and outside First Tee – Lake County. Organize and manage the community service assistance of participants. Events for our teens help encourage the First Tee’s Nine Core Values by bringing teens together to have a positive impact on the community. For more information on our teen programs, please click read more.
The Ray Kenda Nine Core Values Leadership Award/Internship was established as a way to recognize our former Board Member Mr. Ray Kenda. This Award allows one high school student to opportunity to serve as an intern during the summer. They receive a stipend leadership training and valuable work experience to prepare them for life after High School. To learn about First Tee – Lake County’s past recipients please click read more.
Special Events For Adults & Participants
First Tee – Lake County offers events year round open to not only our participants, but adults as well. To see our events and upcoming event please click read more.