GIVINGTUESDAY STARTED AS A DAY FOR ANYONE, ANYWHERE TO GIVE, AND IT’S GROWN INTO THE BIGGEST GIVING MOVEMENT IN THE WORLD.
WHAT IS GIVINGTUESDAY?
Celebrated on the Tuesday following U.S. Thanksgiving, and fueled by the power of social media and collaboration, GivingTuesday inspires millions of people across the globe to show up and give back to causes and issues that matter to them. The goal is to create a massive wave of generosity that lasts well beyond that day, and touches every person on the planet. GivingTuesday takes place on December 1, 2020 this year.
When GivingTuesday launched in the US in 2012, it was believed that technology and social media could be used to make generosity go viral; that people fundamentally want to give and to talk about giving; and that the social sector had the capacity to show more innovative leadership, creativity, and collaboration. People and organizations around the world proved us right. In just seven years, GivingTuesday has radically changed how we think about generosity and showed just how much power communities everywhere have to create change.
This year, First Tee – Lake County is proudly participating in the global movement. Since 1999, First Tee – Lake County [The First Tee of Hammond, First Tee of Lake County] has impacted over 25,000 youth of Lake County and the Chicagoland area. For our 20th year anniversary, we’ve decided to proudly participate in the global movement and we are asking our friends and families of First Tee – Lake County to join our campaign in support. Our goal is to raise $15,000 by December 1st. Every dollar raised will help ensure our registration fees remain affordable, that we can continue to hire and train caring adults, and that programs such as our LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Initiative, our Junior Advisory Council, and our National School Program are offered to more children each year.
Check out our GivingTuesday Campaign.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING PLATFORM
To make collecting donations easier than ever, we have enlisted the services of Just Giving. Each participant, family, or friend will have their own personal pledge page. By using JustGiving you can reach friends and family across the world via email, text and social media. The site also allows your sponsors to donate via credit card using a secure site! Feel free to collect checks/cash using the log sheet provided. Prizes will be awarded to the family that has the most unique donors, regardless of the donation amount. You may also mail checks to:
First Tee – Lake County
Hammond, IN 46324
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Follow the quick steps below to create your personalized page:
- Log into your account and click ‘Start Fundraising’.
- When asked ‘Are you fundraising for a registered charity?’ select ‘Yes, continue’.
- Search for “Hammond Youth Golf Academy Inc Giving Tuesday“.
- Let us know whether you’re taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
- If you can’t see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick ‘Yes’ if you’re running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won’t be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
- Click ‘Create your page’. Job done! Your Fundraising Page is now set up and ready to accept donations. Now you can start on the fun stuff – personalizing your page and sharing it with friends and family. You can even create your own team!
To make your fundraising campaign as successful as possible take these steps:
● Send emails to 10 of your closest friends and family right away!
● Make your donation immediately. This will encourage others to donate as well.
● Post to Facebook and Twitter (adding a picture or video message will really help)
For questions regarding Giving Tuesday please contact Tiffani English or Kaitlyn Hayes at (219)228-2528 or via email at [email protected] If you have witnessed the lives of children changed by the impact of our programs, please join us in our efforts. Thank you for investing in our children!